Qualities we’re looking for:
A healthy mix of personalities is the foundation of an effective Trustee Board that works in partnership with the Chief Executive and Management Team, at the same time as applying essential governance scrutiny. The qualities we are seeking include:
- Intelligent analysis, constructive questioning and challenge within collaborative teamwork
- Understanding and respect for the role of a non-executive
- Embracing the core values of WeForest: Integrity, Transparency, Excellence, Collaboration, Passion and Courage
- Ability to build relationships and engage socially at all levels
- Sincere passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion
Specific to the roles:
- A solid financial background, ideally with legal and/or fiscal knowledge
- Familiarity with the Belgian financial, legal and/or fiscal landscape (WeForest has its HQ in Belgium)
- Demonstrable effective communication and organisational skills
- An eye for detail
Legal & Ethics
- A Legal or HR background
- A track record of scaling up NGOs (or working with rapidly growing NGOs)
What this opportunity offers Trustees
Being a Trustee requires significant commitment but also creates the opportunity to participate in rewarding work that is at the forefront of combatting the climate emergency.
As a Trustee, you will have the chance to shape the work of WeForest at the highest level and have a direct impact on our ability to deliver our mission, as well as the opportunity to build on your own existing skills and experience.
Trustees are appointed on a minimum three-year term which is renewable.
Trustees are expected to attend 4 Board meetings per year along with other meetings which may arise. Additionally, the Treasurer is expected to meet with our CFO around once per month.