JOB TITLE: Director of Fundraising
This role is based in London, UK, but with flexibility for remote working. Staff are currently encouraged to work from home during the pandemic.
RESPONSIBLE TO: CEO
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Senior Head of Fundraising, Philanthropy Managers
SALARY: circa £90,000
Context of the Role
Before Covid-19, 1 in 5 young people worldwide were not in employment, education, or training. Now, the pandemic will cause the deepest global recession in decades with the IMF predicting “elevated unemployment rates”.
Prince’s Trust International works with local partners around the world to deliver education, employment and enterprise programmes that empower young people to learn, work and thrive. We pilot and then rollout projects to test and grow our models & develop new ones. The pandemic has necessitated innovation with our programmes increasingly moving online and with our having developed bespoke digital programmes. We work with a mixture of governments, NGOs, and corporate partners and employers on our programmes and are increasingly thinking about how we can support the creation of green jobs to help deliver the low carbon transition.
The overall budget of Prince’s Trust International will be at least £5 million in 2021/22 and we are looking to grow rapidly in the years ahead so we can support more young people around the world. Although we have secured some multi-year funding, we have a funding gap in 2021/22 of at least £2 million and this will increase over time as we grow. We have successfully raised funding from some diaspora groups but there is much more to be done, particularly for our work in the Caribbean, Africa and Asia. We have raised some income from corporate sources but there are many more opportunities, particularly as our work pivots towards the digital and green economy. To date, we have had very limited income from public sector sources. We are keen to develop commercial products and services which we can price appropriately in order to create income for our charitable work. Finally, we are open to innovative financing as means of funding our results-oriented programmes.
We believe in building a diverse and inclusive organisation that is representative of, and responsive to, the needs of the communities we work with. You will have a keen appreciation of cultural issues in different regions and be a champion of promoting diversity and inclusion.
We seek to work to the highest quality standards and to ensure the health and safety of all the young people we work with as well as the well-being of our colleagues and partners.
The Director of Fundraising will report to the CEO. They will manage a small team comprising a Senior Head of Fundraising and three Philanthropy Managers. Other relationships include:
- PTI’s Fundraising Sub-Committee of Trustees
- PTI’s Senior Leadership Team
- Prince’s Trust Group’s Director of Global Events
- Clarence House
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To deliver the fundraising target of at least £5m for 2021/22 and which will grow over time. To ensure PTI’s long-term sustainability through widening our income opportunities from a range of different sources including philanthropy, foundations, corporate partnerships, institutional and public funding.
- To develop and deliver a clear fundraising strategy to prospect, progress and secure new funding partners, utilising the relationships and skills of all PTI’s stakeholders including our trustees and substantially grow annual income from fundraising to meet PTI’s growth ambitions.
- With support from the CEO, Chair and Trustees via the new Fundraising Sub-Committee, be responsible for managing relationships with existing and new funding partners, ensuring bespoke stewardship so those relationships continue into the future.
- To create national and regional fundraising strategies, particularly in the Caribbean, Middle East, India and Pakistan, and to mature our fundraising strategies for Sub-Saharan Africa and Greece.
- Lead efforts to generate more multi-million fundraising income for Prince’s Trust Group as a key part of a new enhanced PT Group Fundraising Committee which includes the Director of Fundraising for Prince’s Trust UK and Executive Director of Prince’s Trust US.
- Develop income models and new income streams including, but not limited to, consultancy services and the commercialisation of our products and services, particularly digital innovations.
- Develop and grow new relationships through public funding opportunities, engaging with FCDO, UK and overseas government ministers, ensuring organisational governance and contract management processes support these routes.
- As a member of the Senior leadership Team, be accountable for the broader organisational performance against our strategic goals, collaborating with senior colleagues on challenges and opportunities.
- Responsible for managing and developing an outstanding team of fundraisers with clear responsibilities, sub-targets and accountability.
- Ensure that PTI adheres to all regulations, ethical policies and compliance obligations, ensuring best practice.
- To represent PTI through the media and at public events on a regular basis, engaging potential stakeholders and donors and inspiring them to support our work.
- With our Trustees, develop and manage a team of International Ambassadors that will champion our work internationally, supporting our fundraising strategies.
- Ensure our fundraising collateral is culturally responsive and tailored to different individuals and organisations.
- To work with Clarence House and the other charities of HRH The Prince of Wales to ensure all approaches for funding are shared to avoid funders receiving multiple approaches